1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT-610 HLF wiring question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by crguti, May 4, 2015.

1. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Smurf Village
    I have been researching this subject and I came up with a TB thread where someone from Ampeg said the SVT-610HLF was wired series/parallel (as is shown in the picture on the left). However, I opened my cabinet and it's wired slightly different, but keeping the overall impedance (as is shown in the picture on the right).
    My question is, would it be a difference in sound between these 2 wiring configuration?

SVT610HLF%20series%20parallel.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Nah. It's like eating a good meal where the food gets mixed up on the plate...whether it's separate or together, it all goes to the same place.

3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Often in case like this, consider what happens if one speaker blows open circut. On the left you have 5 ohms and five speakers. On the right you are down to four speakers and 6 ohms. The wiring on the left is a bit better. Except in a case where you cabinet has three chambers. If you have a cab with two speakers per chamber and one blows it is best to take them both out. This protects the good speaker. So in this case, the wiring on the right is best.

Sound wise, as Jimmy said, they both come out the same.