Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg svt-610hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by terraplane, Nov 18, 2002.

1. terraplane

terraplane

Oct 14, 2002
    Italy, Palermo
    Please, tell me all the thing you now about this speaker. I've got now a ampeg cab with a 15" speaker and a ampeg cab svt-s10he. I want to change the 210he with the 410 he, but everyone in this forum, tell that this is a bed cab...I want to use a 410hlf, that have more extended frequency range, but is 4ohm, and I can use this cabinet all alone, and not with my 8ohm 15" cab. So, I think a 6x10"hlf speaker can substitute a 1x 15" + 4x 10"he cab.
    is better:
    ampeg svt-610hlf
    ampeg svt-410hlf
    ampeg svt-15he + svt410he

I like deep bass, but i like to have a lot of punch in the sound.
    the heads I like to use is the svt4 pro and the svt2 pro.
    Tell me all the suggest and thing you think about those alternatives of cabinets combinations.

2. I think that the 6x10 would be a good choice, good sound, and probably plenty of volume. I was asking about having a store order me one, but the guy gave me a really good price on the 8x10, so I just went all the way. Try to find a store you can test it at that has the amp you will use and see if you like the sound, which i think you probably will.

jtbp

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Great lows and a ton of punch on both the 410 and the 610.

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I use the 610hlf on some gigs and really like it alot. Yes it is a 4 ohm cab. I think you would probably get more low end out of the 410/115 set up though. I have heard that the 410hlf even has more low end than the 610. But I've never heard the 410hlf so i can't say for sure. I don't think you could go wrong with any of these cabs. have fun choosing.

5. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    i bought the 610hlf a few months ago mostly because i can fit it in my honda and also because i had read a lot of good reviews on it.

my jazz bass sounds killer going through the svt3 pro. highs and lows its all there and in a great way. all i play is rock right now so if you're looking for slap/jazz tone you'll have to ask someone else - but i don't imagine you'll have any problems.

4 ohms. i paid $700 brand new.

in usa i believe they are on back order in many places.

-erik

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    That is the main reason I went with the 410's instead of the 610, to my ears, the lows were a bit better. Not that the 610 is lacking, it isn't at all. The 410 just seemed to have more of em.

7. terraplane

terraplane

Oct 14, 2002
    Italy, Palermo
    Please, tell me all the thing you now about this speaker. I've got now a ampeg cab with a 15" speaker and a ampeg cab svt-s10he. I want to change the 210he with the 410 he, but everyone in this forum, tell that this is a bed cab...I want to use a 410hlf, that have more extended frequency range, but is 4ohm, and I can use this cabinet all alone, and not with my 8ohm 15" cab. So, I think a 6x10"hlf speaker can substitute a 1x 15" + 4x 10"he cab.
    is better:
    ampeg svt-610hlf
    ampeg svt-410hlf
    ampeg svt-15he + svt410he

I like deep bass, but i like to have a lot of punch in the sound.
    the heads I like to use is the svt4 pro and the svt2 pro.
    Tell me all the suggest and thing you think about those alternatives of cabinets combinations.

EDIT: Co-mod notduane...merged with duplicate thread.

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I've never used one on stage but my impression (after playing around with the Ampeg switching system at Guitar Center) was that the 610hlf had far better low end than the 410hlf. The 610hlf was only surpassed (to my ears) by the odd looking PR410hlf...which is my favorite Ampeg cabinet....and it was very close.

I'd seriously consider a pair of PR410HLFs or SVT610HLFs but my lousy back would revolt and my back doc would club me...

9. Er0

Er0

Jan 15, 2003
    St Louis MO
    if you use the 4 pro and the 2 pro i would go with the svt 8x10 classic

that should put out plenty of low end it does for me and i like deep low end bass

but like someone said earlier i would just go to a store and try everything out using the heads you have and see what works best with the sound you want