1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVT 6PRO....anyone have one? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barkatozz, May 13, 2006.

1. Thinking of getting one......anybody have one for a review?

2. lowfreq1

lowfreq1

Mar 26, 2006
    Stockholm Sweden
  3. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I am also in the "previous owner" category for this amp. It sounds great, but I found myself trying to adjust it a lil too often and not being totally satisfied. All in all, it's still a great amp!

4. I'll be scoping one out @ GC tomorrow. I had an SVT4PRO and wasn't to thrilled about it.....weighed a ton & wasn't as loud as claimed to be.

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Don't own one, but if I was going to stick with Ampeg, it is probably the head I would switch to. Based on side-to-side comparisons of the 4 Pro in a store, I liked the 6 Pro a little better.

6. A buddy of mine had just bought a 4PRO about a month or so ago. When I had seen him I mentioned my problems with it & why I didn't like it. Well....after using it for 2 gigs he wound up trading it in for a CL instead. I wouldn't mind that one but I can't justify the weight....& I'm not too crazy about a tube power section either,
    The 6PRO looks like my obvious choice so far.
    Thanks guys.