1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT 7 Pro arriving tomorrow !!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ncognito, Jan 7, 2010.

1. I just noticed it today, I was practicing for about 45mins/hr and I paused to answer the phone and really picked up on it. The ampegs fan is louder than my SWR 350x's...

2. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    LOL! That's weird, I have no idea what happened to the rest of my question and now I can't remember what it was?:confused:

3. Distracted my Mike's Avatar.

LOL

I forgot what I .... was....

4. cbroussard

cbroussard

Jan 31, 2010
    Lafayette, LA.
    Guys.. can anyone clarify if the SVT-7 Pro fan noise is something to be concerned about.. I haven't been able to demo one yet and want to buy one ASAP... I'm concerned about this issue as well as the tone / headroom... any help with this is much appreciated.. cb

5. Ncognito

Ncognito Banned Commercial User

Jan 8, 2002
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    I've had my SVT-7Pro for a couple weeks now. The fan is not dead quiet, but mine is in a rack case so I really can't hear it. I can't see how it would be any issue because it's very quiet.

The amp has lots of power. With my Eden 410xlt it packs a very nice punch.

Hope this helps !!!

6. cbroussard

cbroussard

Jan 31, 2010
    Lafayette, LA.
    I have a Eden 410xlt as well, so this is very helpful.. think I'm going to order mine and wait with anticipation like everyone else.. thanks...

7. Dan S

Dan S

Mar 3, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I didn't think the fan was too loud when I was playing yesterday but then again I was more concerned with the tone. I'll have to pay more attention today!

8. pedulla1

pedulla1

May 14, 2005
    NYC
    How is the tone? Can anyone compare it to the svt3 pro or svp pro? Both of those units have a slider switch eq section and I was wondering if the extra eq section makes much of a difference in overall tone. I believe the svt8 has the extra eq section. Thanks all.

9. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Man...I'm really wanting one of these. Have been completely happy with my GK 1001RB-II until a recent trip to GC. Was messing around with the ampeg stuff, a SVT-CL and 8x10. Also an SVT 4-Pro. I was really liking the sound I was getting out of that stuff...brought back memories of my pre-GK days. My brother - our band's drummer - walks over and makes a comment as to how good the Ampeg stuff sounds. Now this...I think I'm gonna have to do it!

And the Neo cabs too? Would really like to try that out but $1100 for a 4x10? Not so sure about that...

10. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Bull. You DO like to claim that, but it still isn't true.......... Just another internet legend in teh making.

I was there. I know.

I haven't seen a 7PRO yet, but they are sounding REALLY interesting.

11. +1

Given the price, one of these amps would be an interesting addition to complement my BX1200.

12. pedulla1

pedulla1

May 14, 2005
    NYC

13. Ncognito

Jan 8, 2002
    I owned an Ampeg SVT-3Pro back in 1995/96 and played it through and Eden 410XLT. I use the same Eden cabinet and I can assure you the Ampeg SVT-7Pro has quite a bit more power and excellent tone!

14. pedulla1

pedulla1

May 14, 2005
    NYC
    My svt3 used to get that nice touch of grit in the upper registers of the fretboard while staying phat and punchy low down. Does the svt7 do this? I am very tempted to get this head.

15. Ncognito

Jan 8, 2002
    You can turn up the gain and back off the master with the 7Pro to get a very nice mild crunch.

16. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis

17. pedulla1

pedulla1

May 14, 2005
    NYC
    I think I will gather the funds and take the plunge. Thanks much.

18. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    What about the SVT-8pro?
    :bag:

19. Ryclops

Ryclops

Feb 3, 2010
    Los Angeles
    anyone use the svt 7-pro with an ampeg6x10 cab? would it be sufficient to power that?

20. ^^ Aw cmon it's only a 1000 watt amp. Can't expect it to run 6 speakers.

:bag: