1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT 7 Pro Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chad Roberts, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Chad Roberts

Chad Roberts Commercial User

Jan 24, 2015
    Owner- Roberts Instrument Repair
    Hi all, I have a customer that brought in a SVT 7 Pro. I have located the issue but it seems like ampeg is of no use with parts. I was just wanting to know if anyone has replaced T3 and where did you get the transformer from? I have worked on lots of amps and never had an issue where the maker would not help me at all on parts.

2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

You might "Start a conversation" with hodgy here on TalkBass. He was in production/test and now is in CS. I didn't locate T3 on the schematics I have. LOUD has gotten better about schematics at least.

3. Chad Roberts

Chad Roberts Commercial User

Jan 24, 2015
    Owner- Roberts Instrument Repair
    Thanks I will do that. T3 is in the power supply section.

4. Lucas Jagneaux

Lucas Jagneaux

Feb 10, 2016
    Chad, I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a replacement for T3?

5. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    Director of Commercial Sales - Neural DSP
    Calling my friend at LOUD Tech to see if I can source the vendor for this part for you....

6. Lucas Jagneaux

Lucas Jagneaux

Feb 10, 2016
    Hey Pablo thanks man, but I would like to inform everyone: all it took was a call to LOUD's parts department and they have one on the way no questions asked. Its a 310V 75W transformer, but I can't seem to find another one online. Either way, LOUD hooked me up and it should be arriving in a few days.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Just goes to show you...don't go by rumors. Always check with the source first. For some reason, there are people out there who like to sabotage other companies by putting out BS.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021