Ampeg SVT 806HE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by saveferris1346, May 13, 2002.

1. saveferris1346

May 13, 2002
    what is the deal with this cab?

i found two on ebay for dirt cheap and have never heard of it before in my life?!?!?!

if anyone has any knowledge on how it sounds, please let me know asap. email me or whatever. thanks a lot.
  2. Dude this is so wild, i was just at a local shop two hours ago and they had one of those. I asked the guy "is that a bass cab? with 6" speakers? weird." Sorry i didnt play it, but it looks like a mini-8x10 tower with, yes, 8 - 6's. Seems like maybe its for piccolo bass or ..... something I dont own, heh.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Yep, it's a bass cabinet.

Sounds pretty good although the low end is a little lacking. I didn't care much for the tone of the all or nothing tweeter either.

See Jay Storey's review on Harmony Central.

It's a cute little bass's made from 5/8 plywood (think of it as scaled down 3/4) with a 3/4 size logo...basically a baby SVT 8x10.

I bought mine brand new for only $300 but sold it on eBay for more when I was on my Goliath kick.

It would work well with another cab to fill out the low end but it's a 4 ohm cabinet so your amp would need to be able to deal with 2.67 or 2 ohms.

Have fun!!!

4. leaveyourwings

Jul 26, 2007
    I know this thread is a little old, but what if you ran an ampeg 410hlf with the 806he?

A friend of mine wants to sell his 806he for 200 dollars and I have a 410hlf.

I tend to play more rock/hardcore... not super chug metal or anything like that.
  5. RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    This thread is 5 years old, but to answer your question, those 2 cabs would equal a 2 ohm load. If your amp can handle that, it'd be fine.
  6. leaveyourwings

Jul 26, 2007
    I knew it was 5 years old when I posted it, but since the 806 seems to be uncommon I figured it was best to keep this question to the thread.

I was more concerned with the overall sound. Sometimes mixing cabs can be a beautiful thing... other times its a nightmare.
  7. anyone have a picture of this cab? just curious