Ampeg SVT-810HPC - What's the story?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by haujobb, Feb 1, 2005.

1. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    I just saw the new Ampeg 8x10 on their website the other day but haven't been able to find any information on it, did this premiere at NAMM? If so did anyone hear it/try it?

Also, what's it going to retail at and when is it going to hit stores?
  2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    810HPC? Isnt that, like, older? :eyebrow:
    Or is there already a RI or a newer series?
    Or am I just plainly wrong :p
  3. That thing has been on the website for a really long time, although I have never actually seen one either.
  4. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA

From the Ampeg site:
    Ampeg is rounding out its unparalleled 810 line with the brand-new SVT-810HPC Ultra enclosure – the ultimate bass enclosure for the stage. The SVT-810HPC features six cast-frame drivers with edge-wound aluminum voice coils, and twoTractix wave-guide coaxial speakers for high frequency definition. The winning combination allows for a two-way bass enclosure while maintaining the critical infinite baffle design of the original SVT810E enclosure. The high performance bass cabinet is built from the finest materials and components available; the cabinet is carefully constructed from 13-ply Baltic Birch, and is then loaded with heavy-duty custom designed cast frame speakers. The cabinet also features steel bottom handles, an industrial strength grip bar and heavy-duty wheels. Skid rails and a metal kick-plate are placed on the back of the enclosure to protect it while loading and unloading.

205 lbs as well...and I thought my Classic was a beast... :smug:
  5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I've seen one in a pawn shop... it was at over $4000, but it is no longer there, so either someone did buy it after all, or the seller took it away...
    On the site of the shop they wrote - "now this is what we call really brutal, not to mention moving this!" :smug:
  6. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    HMMMMMMMMM. never noticed it on the website before, just checked around, according to the press it was released backin 2003 so I am a bit out of the times :meh:

Has anyone heard this? Has anyone seen this in a music store?
  7. blbabbitt

Aug 18, 2008
    I know this is a really old thread but I'm selling my 810-HPC and SVT-CL head... if anyone wants em. Perfect condition, and ATA cased, I just quit my band and really need the money! :crying:
  8. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Read the thread at the top of the forum, no posting for sale ads in this forum or any unless you have a Supporting membership and then you post in the Classifieds.

What the hell is with all of these people not reading anything and posting FS ads in any forum :scowl:.