1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVT-AV head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Futterman, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Futterman

Futterman

Feb 12, 2003
    uranus
    I'm in the process of borrowing a friends AV head since he is now switching to guitar and is trying to sell his bass gear. I've been playin it alot and i'm really liking the sound, but i noticed something on the back with the bias control. I have 1 green led lit up on my bias 1 control but on my bias 2 control i have a green and a red, what does this mean? It says look in the manual but he nor i have it anymore, i was gonna take it to my friend at the music store but figured i'd check what it could mean if i'm getting a red led lit up.

This is the first time i've ever had a all tube head so im not all sure what the problem could be.. i don't hear anything wrong with the amp and he told me he re-tubed it a few months ago.

Any ideas?

2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Take a screwdriver and adjust the pot under the bias control LED light until it shows only a green light.

3. Futterman

Futterman

Feb 12, 2003
    uranus
    Awesome, thanks alot

I saw that underneath the led's but wasen't sure thats what it was for... Thanks again

4. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    It's been awhile but I think it's normal for both the green and red LEDS to glow when you're playing though the amp. So don't be concerned. :bassist:

-Art

5. nt40lanman

nt40lanman

Jul 25, 2005