1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVT CL and SVT 410HLF Questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Slats, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Slats

Slats

Apr 25, 2004
    A guy here in the hood has an American made 2006 SVT CL and a 410HLF made in Vietnam, both home kept and in very nice condition. He wants a grand and I'm thinking that is a steal, but I can't find enough of them sold to know just what they go for. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

2. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Sounds like a fair deal.

3. nitromullet

nitromullet

Mar 29, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    I've been looking into various different options for possibly switching from my Markbass rig to an all tube head and more vintage cabs, and that head alone will sell between $800-1000. On the flip side, used ampeg cabs are in ample supply and don't seem to fetch that much in a market that is more geared towards lighter weight/more portable cabs. Overall though, it's a good price for that gear and you definitely won't find that type of setup for that price very often.

I guess you probably will want to know if/when the tubes have been replaced.

4. tmw

tmw Gold Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2006
    Delmar, NY
    That's my current rig. Both my CL and 410HLF are American made, but they do sound oh so good together. And it sounds like a good deal.

5. Slats

Slats

Apr 25, 2004
    The cab doesn't really matter whether American or Vietnamese for cost or resale...is that right? Thanks gentlemen!

6. SlyTaco

SlyTaco

Jul 6, 2009
    Minneapolis
    I also have this rig, except both american made. A grand is a good deal, but find out when the CL was serviced last/re-tubed. Good luck, they sound awesome together!

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Trust me...you want the Vietnamese cab. It's made of real wood and has a better sound than than the USA cabs IMHO. The USA cabs sound muddy to me whereas the newer imported 410HLF's have a big bottom end but more upper mid response to even it out. Sonically, I find little to no difference between SVT-CL's from the US or imported.

8. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

This is indeed a steal. Even if you have to re-tube the SVT. DO IT! PULL THE TRIGGER!

9. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Yeah at that price you'd be getting the cab for free.

10. Pretty smoking deal. I'm a sealed speaker kind of guy, so I would sell the 410HLF and get an 810.

11. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

Best case, a used SVT goes for $850 and the cab goes for $300. That is minimum. Usually the SVT goes for $1000-1100 and the cab $400-500.

Good deal!