1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT-CL on eBay $400 needs work...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sleepy_monkey, Sep 25, 2008.

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ampeg-SVT-Classic-SVT-CL-Bass-Tube-Amplifier-needs-work_W0QQitemZ220286271378QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220286271378&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A10|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Not sure why that addy is so long. Hmmm...I wonder how much it would take to get this thing up and going?

2. KPAX

KPAX Banned

Mar 22, 2005
    Might be worth it - hard to say. Probably won't need a transformer (these things are well designed). The front panel not lighting is probably a GOOD sign. It might be something simple.
    Are those pot shafts sheared off? Cheap to replace but ***? And what's with the rust?
    Amp abuse!

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Sold for $361 plus shipping. In 2000, I bought a '73 SVT in about that condition, except it worked and the pot shafts weren't sheared off. A good cleaning, a new power switch, a couple knobs and $100 in preamp tubes later and it worked like a charm.

I have no insatiable need to own a big tube amp, but at $400, I might have gone for it...of course you can get a fully functional Peavey Classic 400 in the classifieds (not mine) for not much more than that...

4. Funny thing you mentioned the pot shafts...I actually emailed the seller asking the same thing and never heard back from him.