1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVT-CL vs. Ampeg SVT-IIPRO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peasandpotatoes, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Im am trying to buy a new rig...
    I am currently using 2 hartke 2.5xls (not mine), which sound disgusting (not in a good way) when i crank up the volume, and im not even cranking the volume! For the head im using a Gallien Krueger 800rb, which only pumps out 300 watts @ 8 ohms, which is not nearly enough power. :meh: I think, also, i have finally suceeded in blowing at least 2 of the 10's and both the fives, not very good speakers i suppose. :confused:
    So, i've decided to finally step up to an ampeg. I know im going to get an ampeg 810E, but im trying to decide between two heads: the SVT-CL and the SVT-IIPRO. I have tried out the SVT-CL and loved it, but i can't find ANYWHERE where i can try the SVT-IIPRO out. :bawl: SO, i was reading some reviews on the SVT-IIPRO and most people said that it sounds just like a SVT-CL, but it just has more features (9 band graphic eq, drive function, rackmountable, etc.). Is this true? Any Input? :help: