Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT-CL vs. Ampeg SVT-IIPRO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peasandpotatoes, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Im am trying to buy a new rig...
    I am currently using 2 hartke 2.5xls (not mine), which sound disgusting (not in a good way) when i crank up the volume, and im not even cranking the volume! For the head im using a Gallien Krueger 800rb, which only pumps out 300 watts @ 8 ohms, which is not nearly enough power. :meh: I think, also, i have finally suceeded in blowing at least 2 of the 10's and both the fives, not very good speakers i suppose. :confused:
    So, i've decided to finally step up to an ampeg. I know im going to get an ampeg 810E, but im trying to decide between two heads: the SVT-CL and the SVT-IIPRO. I have tried out the SVT-CL and loved it, but i can't find ANYWHERE where i can try the SVT-IIPRO out. :bawl: SO, i was reading some reviews on the SVT-IIPRO and most people said that it sounds just like a SVT-CL, but it just has more features (9 band graphic eq, drive function, rackmountable, etc.). Is this true? Any Input? :help: