ampeg svt-classic and schroeder 310212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by supeRad, Apr 25, 2005.

1. supeRad

Nov 23, 2004

ive tried my hands at a several setups and even though i am liquidating what i have at the moment, im already trying to figure out what it is i want to rebuild with.

first things first, im keeping my stingray4, i really really like it.. though i have the GAS for a guild starfire 2.. but i digress. ive come to realize that the svt-classic was really for me, and i got the sound out of it that i wanted. i like my aguilar, which is currently up for sale -nudge nudge-, but in the end, i think i will rebuild with an svt-classic.. it was just more 'me'.

that being said, i wanted to then get a 212 and a 210 for my stack and be content.. until i sifted through that massive schroeder cabinet thread and visited the sight. where i saw the 310212... wow.. exactly what i wanted + another 10. then i saw the 2100W RMS rating and my heart sank. the svt-classic i want, again, is a measely 300W.

would i still be ok in going with that schroeder or will i be severely underpowering it and possibly damaging my svt or the schroeder? im hoping all would be well, but i really dont know.. therefore, im looking for some council on my dilemma.

thanks in advance.
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    There's absolutly no such thing as underpowering a cab!
    With that said, that'd be a killer setup. Ask James Hart, he runs a Peavey Classic 400 into a pair (IIRC) of Schroeders. Good luck,

3. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA

Ray is right.... those would work together just fine, and it would be a monster of a rig.

I use a SVT 3Pro into a Schroeder 21012, and it kills....
  4. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I'd go with a pair of them, stack them on their sides, and be proud that I was louder than thunder!