Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg svt-classic and schroeder 310212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by supeRad, Apr 25, 2005.

1. supeRad

supeRad

Nov 23, 2004
    well,

ive tried my hands at a several setups and even though i am liquidating what i have at the moment, im already trying to figure out what it is i want to rebuild with.

first things first, im keeping my stingray4, i really really like it.. though i have the GAS for a guild starfire 2.. but i digress. ive come to realize that the svt-classic was really for me, and i got the sound out of it that i wanted. i like my aguilar, which is currently up for sale -nudge nudge-, but in the end, i think i will rebuild with an svt-classic.. it was just more 'me'.

that being said, i wanted to then get a 212 and a 210 for my stack and be content.. until i sifted through that massive schroeder cabinet thread and visited the sight. where i saw the 310212... wow.. exactly what i wanted + another 10. then i saw the 2100W RMS rating and my heart sank. the svt-classic i want, again, is a measely 300W.

would i still be ok in going with that schroeder or will i be severely underpowering it and possibly damaging my svt or the schroeder? im hoping all would be well, but i really dont know.. therefore, im looking for some council on my dilemma.

thanks in advance.

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    There's absolutly no such thing as underpowering a cab!
    With that said, that'd be a killer setup. Ask James Hart, he runs a Peavey Classic 400 into a pair (IIRC) of Schroeders. Good luck,

Ray

3. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    +1

Ray is right.... those would work together just fine, and it would be a monster of a rig.

I use a SVT 3Pro into a Schroeder 21012, and it kills....

4. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I'd go with a pair of them, stack them on their sides, and be proud that I was louder than thunder!