SOLD Ampeg SVT Classic (SVT-CL) - 1998 Made in USA - All Tube - Super CLEAN w/Brand New Tubes

Discussion in 'The TB Bazaar: Gear For Sale from our Sponsors' started by iwantthatguitar, Jul 10, 2021.

1. iwantthatguitar

iwantthatguitar iwantthatguitar Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 21, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Price:
    Merch Location:
    California
    Ampeg SVT Classic (SVT-CL) - Made in USA - All Tube Bass Amplifier Head

$1125 + Shipping to Continental US only.

Super CLEAN condition. Manufactured in 1998 (St Louis Music era), Made in the USA by SLM electronics. 100% original with brand new set of six (6) 6550 Groove Tube power tubes.

This is an early model version with the red and the blue graphics, labeled as SVT Classic Series (Model SVT-CL as it says on the sticker on the back). It's the same amp that was later labeled as SVT-CL in white/black.

Think of an old school 70's SVT (Not the newer Chinese reissue) but with the flexibility and reliability of the Ampeg SLM era amps. Simple: Gain, 3 Band EQ with Mid Freq Selector and Master Volume, period. XLR balanced output, Speakon and 1/4" Speakers outputs with 2-4 Ohms outputs.

There's nothing like playing through an Ampeg SVT, you can try how close you get with newer Class D amps or Plugins that imitates this legendary amp, although if i ever had the experience you know what i'm talking about...

- 300 Watts RMS ALL TUBE at 2 or 4 Ohms.
    - Power Tubes: 6550 (x6)
    - Preamp Tubes: 12AX7 (x2) + Driver Tubes: 12 AX7 (1) and 12AU7 (x2)
    - Input 0dB/-15dB.
    - Gain y Master Volume.
    - 3 band EQ with 5 steps for Mids..
    - Ultra Lo & Ultra Hi Selector
    - XLR Balanced Output.
    - Preamp Out / Power Amp Input / Slave Output.
    - 2 Speaker Outputs + 1 SPEAKON Output with 4 - 2 Ohms selector.

It's been just serviced, has new tubes and It sounds awesome and super clean. It's ready to go on the road and ready for action.

Tubes will be securely removed and wrapped for Shipping, don't worry i know how to do it. I have a considerable experience shipping these heavy weight amps.

As you can imagine, Local pickup in LA is much preferred. Although i can ship it out to Continental US as an option, but you got to understand that shipping this baby boy has a cost (It's more than the courier, it requires the proper box, padding and insurance) for a 90lbs shipment. I'm willing to check with you depending on your location and i'll be happy to find the cheapest and most convenient way. Just message me before buying.

(The cab on the photos is for display only, and is NOT included on the sale).
    Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 1.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 2.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 3.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 4.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 5.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 8.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 9.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 10.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 11.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 12.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 13.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 14.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 15.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 16.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 17.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 18.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 1.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998 Tubes - 1.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 19.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 20.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 21.jpeg Ampeg SVT Classic 1998  - 22.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    Johnny Fingers likes this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021