Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT II vs SVT II Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Alot of people seem to prefer the SVT II over the pro version, i was just wondering why this is ?

2. help here :p

please :D

3. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Do a search on SVT-2 Pro (and/or SVT-II Pro) and read all the threads.

4. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    sitting down,facingforward..UK
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    LOL, yup, if you do a search you will probably find the thread you had the other day, asking about whether or not to buy the SVT 2! LOL (i'm only joshin' with ya!)

did you buy in the end??

5. Ive still nto bought it, still considering, im not sure if ill be able to OD the tubes a bit, there isnt a pregain or drive on the SVT II

Ive got a sansamp BDDI, but i might want some of that natural tubey OD ;)

6. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    sitting down,facingforward..UK
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    hmm, well if it's any help, I drive my Ampeg fairly hard, mainly the poweramp doin the work. but, most of the time the preamp is complete clean, or just this side of clipping.
    If I wnt any dirt, I actually add a little 'drive' from mt TC electronics Gforce, which sits in the FX loop.

I have had people come up to me and really believed it was the valves overdriving.. LOVE IT!!

I don't really know much about the BDDI, but I'm guessing it could do the same?