SOLD Ampeg SVT-III Pro 1997 450-watt Tube Preamp Bass Head

Discussion in 'The TB Bazaar: Gear For Sale from our Sponsors' started by iwantthatguitar, Apr 19, 2021.

1. iwantthatguitar

iwantthatguitar iwantthatguitar Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 21, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Merch Location:
    California
    Ampeg SVT-III Pro Series 450 Watts Tube Preamp Bass Amplifier Head

$425 + Shipping to Continental US.

Very Good condition. Manufactured in 1997 (St Louis Music era), Made in the USA by SLM electronics. Beside the tubes of course, 100% original. It has cosmetic wear as you can expect from an amp that is about 24 years old, although it's 100% fully functional. These Ampeg were built like a tank, ready to serve for decades.

This is an early model SVT-III Pro version with the red and the blue graphics. It's an evolution of its predecessor SVT-III (non Pro) and It's the same amp that was later labeled as SVT-3 Pro in white/black.

It's essentially the SVT-II Pro/SVT-2 Pro preamp but with Solid State Power amp section, meaning smaller and portable (it weights less than a HALF!). It still sounds warm and it also looks stunning. It combines the sound legacy of the classic SVT's but with the flexibility and reliability of the Ampeg SLM era amps. Due to the demand, the SVT-3 Pro is still nowadays being manufactured, is a workhorse for any Bass Player. Unlike SVT Classics or SVT-2 Pro, The SVT-III Pro allows 4 and 8 Ohms, which means you can hook it up with smaller cabinets, meaning more versatility.

• RMS Power Output (8 Ohms): 275-Watts.
    • RMS Power Output (4 Ohms): 450-Watts.
    • Preamp: Tubes (3 x 12AX7)
    • Driver Tubes: 1 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AU7.
    • Power Amp: Solid-State.
    • Tone Controls: 3-Band.
    • Mid Tone Control: 5-Position.
    • Graphic EQ: Yes, 9-Band.
    • ultra Lo & Ultra Hi Selectors
    • XLR Balanced Output with control knob.
    • 3 Speaker Outputs (1 Speakon - 2 1/4")
    As you can imagine, Local pickup in LA is much preferred. Although i can ship it out to Continental US as an option, but you got to understand that shipping this baby boy has a cost (It's more than the courier, it requires the proper box, padding and insurance. Please check our reputation and how buyers speak well about our packing and shipping techniques). I set a flat rate considering an average coast to coast route, but i'm willing to check with you depending on your location and i'll be happy to find the cheapest and most convenient way. Just message me before buying.

(The cab on the photos is for display only, and is NOT included on the sale).
    Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 1.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 2.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 3.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 4.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 5.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 6.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 7.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 9.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 10.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 11.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 12.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 13.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 14.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 15.jpeg Ampeg SVT-III Pro - 16.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021