1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT III Pro advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DiggidyDee, Sep 28, 2013.

1. DiggidyDee

DiggidyDee

Jun 19, 2013
    Chicagoland
    Hey all -

I thought about throwing this question onto the Ohm sticky thread, but since its a question specific to my amp, thought I would try a new thread. For any and all who are knowledgable about not only the SVT III but electronics in general, any feedback would be appreciated.
    Basically, I am trying to add a 1x15 to my existing 4x10HLF. Because the amp is already 4ohm and the cabinet is 4ohm, I can't do it cuz it brings my "ohmage" to 2.67 (assuming the new cab would be 8 ohm). Is there a way I can run a line out of my head into an external power amp that would run power for the new cab while sending the tone-shaping into the new cab from the old head? Does that make sense? I want the "sound" of the SVT III running to both cabs, with the SVT III powering the 4x10 and a power amp running the 1x15. Can this be done?
    Very much a newbie to all things "techy", so pardon the question if it is an easy yes or no.:help:

Thanks!

2. It can be done by running from the FX loop "send" to the power amp.

The question remains WHY ?

The 1X15 is going to go no lower or louder then the 4X10 you already have, so what exactly are you trying to gain ?

3. DiggidyDee

DiggidyDee

Jun 19, 2013
    Chicagoland
    I guess I'm just not happy with the sound. Would like things to be a bit "rounder" at the bottom. Like I said, I'm not too familiar with the differences between speaker sizes, but I just thought that having an additional 15 would move more air, thus more sound. I take it you think my rig is plenty beefy enough already though?