Ampeg SVT IV Pro - Fan caput

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scorchio, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Scorchio

Scorchio

May 9, 2005
    Bristol, UK
    Hi all,

My SVT IV Pro fan is cutting out as soon as I switch on, and obviously this shuts everything else down. Anyone had this problem? Know where I can get a replacement fan in the UK? Is it the fan, or is it possibly linked to something else.

Have done a quick clean up and service of all connections, checked the tubes, circuit tested obvious connections, etc. It seems it must be the fan, as this is the first thing to power up and it clips straight away.

HELP!

Many thanks in advance.

2. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    The fan is not linked with other things, so if there is a problem that causes the fan to go out, it is either that the fan is actually shorted and dragging down the 15V, or else the problem is elsewhere and happens to involve the fan itself as well......

There ARE some other units like the 3PRO where the fan circuit can affect other parts of the circuit more directly. that isn't the case with the 4PRO, so unless you actually know the fan itself is the problem, don't be too sure.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021