1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVT Pro 4 for $487?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SplinteredSkull, Dec 16, 2013.

1. One of my good friends asked me to start a thread for him today, so here it is:
    My friend is currently amp shopping and found an Ampeg SVT Pro 4 in a local pawn shop. The shop is running a %25 off holiday deal and the price of the head With the deal is $487. He basically wants to know if this is a good price, and if it's a good amp. I told him it was a good price as long as it was in good condition, but I cannot say anything for the amp. He had been pretty set/looking for an Ampeg SVT 3 Pro, so could anyone possibly chime in on differences between the two? He would much appreciate your insight. One day I'll convince him of joining us here on TB.. :ninja:

2. A 4 pro new is usually over a grand. They sound good for a hybrid amplifier and I know cliff Williams uses one.

3. russpurdy

russpurdy

Apr 16, 2013
    Most new svt pro 4's I have seen are close to $2000. If it works well and he doesn't mind taking a gamble on a used amp it sounds like a good deal.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I like both but I'd take the 4 Pro over the 3 Pro.

5. Like I said, I thought it was a really good deal price-wise. I guess he just wanted confirmation and input. Lots of outputs on the back of that thing too; I'm reading that it gets some ridiculous wattage when it's bridged. 900w at 8ohm?? That's a serious mover haha.