1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT VR A/B channel switch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by danomite726, May 31, 2011.

1. danomite726

danomite726

May 31, 2011
    So I've been a member here before and either I lost my account or something, anywho, I used the search and couldn't find anything pertaining to my question.

If I was to get the SVT VR and an A/B channel switcher and I sent signal a to channel 1 and signal B to channel two, would I be able to switch inbetween channels as I please? Or does the amp have an Input override sort of thing going on?

Thank you very much for your time guys, love this place and I love bass :)

2. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Should work fine. I used to do that with my V4, I ran a clean channel and then a dirt channel and used the two volume controls to keep the levels consistent.

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Yep...^^^

4. danomite726

danomite726

May 31, 2011
    So I apologise if I'm being repetitive, but I just want to make sure what I'm saying is understood.

Bass into A/B ....signal A into over drive into channel 1 .....Signal B into chorus into channel 2, and the A/B will allow me to switch inbetween both channels without any problems?

5. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    yes. if you get an a/b/y you could do one or both. makes things interesting.

6. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I bought a Boss LS2 to play this set-up with my 1976 Ampeg SVT
    -Line A Channel 1 clean (medium cut, bass & treble boosted)
    -Line A Channel 1 + overdrive (same eq)
    -Line B Channel 2 (much med goods for soloing of cut through the mix sharply)
    -Line A+B (blend by the 2 buttons pedal) dirty chan A + clean chan B (huge TONE, massive, wrapping and overwhelming bass tone that kills gui****s drummer and audience).