Ampeg SVT-VR Power Amp In

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Maxfenderbass, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Hey quick question,

I recently picked up an EAE Model Fet pedal and tried plugging it along with the rest of my board into the power amp in of my svt, with the model fet coming last in the chain before the amp. I must say it sounded amazing and I much prefer to the preamp in the SVT.
    Should I be concerned about anything? Should I use a speaker cable or just a regular instrument cable. I am new to this kind of thing so I am not sure.

2. chandman1004

chandman1004

Jun 28, 2008
    Not a speaker cable,probably would make a bunch of noise anyway. You are just bypassing the preamp as you said.

3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
    Instrument cable for sure. The FET pedal is controlling the volume level, be careful.

4. Yah it gets quite loud but sounds incredible. I was quite blown away by it. Unity is at about 9 o’clock

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    beans-on-toast likes this.
  5. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
    Always fun to experiment and see what you can get out of an amp.

How does it sound with the pedal connected to the input of the amp? Careful balancing of the pedal and amp gain levels can produce a sweet saturation of the input tube.

6. It does sound a good, but more compressed. When it’s plugged into the power amp input it just sounds bigger and clearer. And when put a fuzz in front of it, like my Bluebeard, it screams.

beans-on-toast likes this.
  7. BogeyBass

BogeyBass Inactive

Sep 14, 2010
    oh no
    dont use Fuzz
    it creates wormholes

Maxfenderbass likes this.