1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT VR Volumes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by novo, Dec 28, 2011.

1. novo

novo

Feb 20, 2007
    Good Morning!

I have an Ampeg SVT VR with a 6x10 cab bought brand new last summer...It sound great but sometime at the rehersal room the volume is at one time very loud (at approx 9 o clock) and sometime I have to go up to 11 o clock...Its like a certain days is more louder than other...

I'm no expoert when it comes to amp so can any of you have any idea what could this be?

Best Regards and Happy Holidays!

p.s I'm using a Musicman Stingray 5 1994 on it :)

2. I salute the use of the stingray! Are you sure you guys aren't just practicing louder overall on certain days than others? Are you sure the volume on your bass is always turned up all the way? Do you ever move your cab to other areas of the room? If none of those then my only guess would be a bad power tube.

3. Nice rig man!
    R u using the same leads etc each time?

4. blastjv

blastjv

Jan 8, 2010
    Philly Area
    check your battery!!!

5. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Do both of your amps input channels have these same symtoms?

6. novo

novo

Feb 20, 2007
    I play the amp bridged....Yes the leads are the same

I thought once the battery will start to go down the sound would become more distorted...does it affect volume before its time to distort?

7. novo

novo

Feb 20, 2007
    Also can it be a problem from the electricity input?