1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT VR

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rumble Bee, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Rumble Bee

Rumble Bee

Aug 15, 2005
    Does anyone know if the Anpeg SVT VR head would or will handle the active type signal of ZON's or Modulus basses? I know the CL does Because of the -10 pad when I had one and it did OK with it, but I don't see that on the VR and nowhere do they say it. Is it a passive bass head only? I'm lost on this?

2. Im sure one of the inputs is a "bright" input, which is also padded.

My SVT-II is like that, but either way, with the normal input there have never been problems, and i know people who play stingrays into vintage SVTs without any problems, so im sure active signals will be fine!

3. The strength of an active vs passive signal is not enough to damage any of the inputs. In fact, many active users use a passive input pad to get a different tone or more preamp OD/distortion. Just use the one that sounds best to you.

4. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    I play a Stingray 5 through mine with no problems... not the same as a Modulus or Zon, but still active.

5. Me too-sorta. Play a Stingray 5 into a Fender Bassman 300PRo-use the pad, but don't have to. On my back up/ smaller amp-an ol '70's tube amp(Aus made 'Eminar' ) 200w I've had NO probs for 17 yrs playing active basses into the only inputs there are. No pad or bright channel. No Worries-tubes = toughness IMHO-I never seem to have much probs w/ mine.