AMPEG SVT vs. Avatar 4x10 and 1x15...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Obsolex, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Ok, just for the record, CHAOLORD99 is selling me an AMPEG SVT for a pretty good price, and I'm goin to buy that for sure... but what do you think my friend should do? He wants either an Ampeg SVT which is the best, and 800 watts. Or he wants to get 1 Avatar 4x10, that is rated at 1400 watts and an Avatar 1x15 that is rated at 600 watts? What should HE get?
  2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    :confused: The SVT is a head... are you referring to an SVT cabinet, like the 8x10?
  3. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    I would really suggest not getting too hung up about the whole "watts" thing. It's just an indicator of how much electrical power a cabinet can stand (theoretically) without catching fire and self-destructing.

It doesn't indicate anything about how loud the cabinet gets, how low it goes, or how good it sounds. It's like buying a car based on the size of tires it uses; it has some impact but it's far from the whole picture.

Your friend really needs to try some stuff at a store with his favorite axe and see what it does for him. He will probably have a strong preference of some kind.

If he wants an SVT then he should buy one (assuming he has some way to carry it).
  4. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    yeah, the 8x10 cab, he's dumb, just wants your opinions though... _-soto-_
  5. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002