1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AMPEG SVT --what kind?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sedan_dad, Mar 31, 2006.

1. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    I feel that AMPEG has tarnished the name SVT by nameing everything that make a SVT.For crying out loud thay have stomp boxes they call SVT!

Thats like Chevy labeling every car they make a Corvette.
    "New for 2007 the all new Chevrolet Corvette HLF-3 Pro "
    I've mentioned this before but it really ticks me off to no end.

I love Ampeg,I wouldn't play anything else and I like their other amps,I have a 3 pro. But let them stand on their own merits.B15n,V4B didn't need to be called a SVT to be sucessfull.

2. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    Doesn't bother me a bit. And they aren't actually SVT stomp boxes, they are tube driven DI's. :) I am pretty sure the SVT name extends only to the amps with some type of tubes inside. I just see it as good marketing.

but I do remember the Ford Mustang II... that was not a good car at all.

*Edit

Nope- I see SVT 1000, 450H and more with no tubes so I take that back, i see it as GREAT marketing :D