1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Grizzly700, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN

Is that the classic SVT sound that everyone praises? Because if it is then I will have to get one. That sound is so heavy, all I can say is wow. :bassist::bassist::bassist:

2. troyus

troyus

Apr 9, 2008
    San Diego, CA.
    Yup.

And if you think the sound is heavy, try carrying one of these onto a stage. ;)

Plus that guy is playing a jag and he probably has them PUs in humbucking mode which equals extra heavy low mids...

Just watched the whole thing... look at the neck dive at the end on that jag lol... 70 RI tuners are NO FUN!!!

3. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    I guess I should get one while I'm still young and able to carry it. :p I'm going to try to dial in that sound with my GK rig tomorrow, but I don't think I'm gonna to be able to get that much "grind". I'm ruined, I will never like what comes out of my rigs because I will compare it to that. :smug:

4. ItsMichaelYeah

ItsMichaelYeah

Jun 4, 2008
    Miami,FL

Haha. I Love My SVT But Local shows Are a pain for my setup. so Im getting a rack head for the shows where i dont feel like lugging my stuff.

I love That Bass tone Cities is a really good album. and it's funny how the got this song from Never take friendship personal and used it on the new album.

5. troyus

troyus

Apr 9, 2008
    San Diego, CA.
    Yeah... I remember the first time I played through one like yesterday, I was setting up through club backline on a tour ad I hit an A on the E string and I slowly turned around while I was thinking "WHAT is that?" :D

Then I saved up for awhile. hehe.

But you can get about the same sound out of an Ampeg V4, it just won't go as loud, or quite as deep. Plenty of grind though. They are around 500 used. And they weigh a good 35 lbs less too!