1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT15 replacement speaker?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by daniri, Apr 10, 2006.

1. daniri

daniri

Mar 26, 2006
    Does anyone know of a suitable replacement speaker for the SVT15 (classic) cab?

2. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    Did you blow it? you can get a direct replacement from Ampeg.

or are you just wanting something different? www.eminence.com

3. daniri

daniri

Mar 26, 2006
    The cab is empty, and cheap. I'm thinking of buying it, but don't know what I could put in it.

4. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004

Eminence Kappa Pro LFA
    Also known as Kappa Pro LF-2

5. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    I would think the 15E is tuned too high for that particular speaker. As a straight up "guess" I'd say the Delta Pro would work better... maybe even the Delta 12, but Ampeg has the direct replacement available.

6. daniri

daniri

Mar 26, 2006
    thanks, I'll check the specs on those and give Ampeg a shout.
    Daniri

7. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    Just as an FYI, the Classic 15 sounds damn good stock and doesn't fart out like Fender cabs do with their stock speakers. I would replace OEM.