Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg svt210he+svt15e VS svt410hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by danikill, May 20, 2004.

1. danikill

danikill

Apr 15, 2004
    I have a little trouble...now i have a svt 15E and my question is:
    Is better, to add another little cabs as the 210he, or is better one big cabs like a svt 410hlf?

big sound difference with a 210 +15?
    I prefer this solution for portability, best for me two 60 pounds cab then one 110 pounds cab!

p.s. Only ampeg cabs!!!

2. Kenny#2

Kenny#2

May 19, 2004
    Adding a svt-210 classic is much louder than a single svt-410.I gig with those cabs, and it´s absolute great.Talk about headroom!
    Your amplifier will see a 4 ohm load, and will deliver allmost
    twice as much power.
    Furthermore, the svt-410 is not very efficient, it sounds a little soft, not loud and punchy.
    Which amplifier are you using?

3. Thain

Thain

Dec 27, 2003
    Finland
    Your amplifier will see a 4 ohm load with STV-410HLF, too. And it's a damn loud cabinet! I'd say both 2x10+1x15 and 410hlf are good choices. If you have a chance try out both cabinet setups with your amplifier and bass and choose the one that you like the best. 2x10+1x15 setup offers you more flexibility and you can just use one cab in small clubs. With 410hlf you have one big cabinet but it's easy to move because it has wheels.

4. I also gig regularly with the SVT 15E + SVT 210HE combo and I love it, HUGE sound available and killer tone. Easy to haul around also.

Not a big fan of a 410 only so I cannot help ya on that side.

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    One could be very happy with either setup. Since you have the 15, get the 2x10 and enjoy yourself.

The 410HLF is a great cabinet, but like you say, it's heavy.

Enjoy!!!

6. danikill

danikill

Apr 15, 2004
    Have more end more punchy sound, the HLF? Or the 210 (and 115 of course) is ok for punk and metal about "mid-presence"? I'm sorry for those specific questions, but i'can'play the hlf, my store haven't that...