Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg svt3 rackmounting

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hashbrown, Feb 8, 2006.

1. hashbrown

hashbrown

Feb 8, 2006
    is there a type of rackmount to use on a svt3?:confused: are 2U racks all the same? the amp is not supported in the rear. any support ideas.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    In terms of rack spaces, 1U is the equivalent of 1.75" and is universal. Therefore, your 2U amp is 3.5" tall and 19" wide. This is standard. Any rack case 2U or larger will be fine.

Very seldom are rackmounted things supported in the rear. When correctly installed and handled properly, there is no need for additional rear support.

3. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    my only suggestion is to get a 3 or 4 space rack so you leave some space for cooling. All 2u racks are not the same. some are not as deep and are meant for effects, not amps. Just make sure the rack you get is deep enough for the 3 pro. If the rack is decent quality, the front screws will support it

4. tommysalami

tommysalami

Jul 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    I use an SKB 4 space rack for my AMPEG SVT 3 PRO. I put the amp on the bottom of the rack & have a FURMAN PL PLUS II Power conditioner on the top of the rack. This gives me 1 space between the 2 if i ever need it. I went to the hardware store & bought a piece of steel 1/8" thick by 1" wide by 2.5 feet long. I cut the steel to fit the width of the rack & drilled 2 holes for it to fit across the top of the rear of the rack. Then i bent a piece of steel to go from this bracket to the back of the SVT3 PRO[the pro has a threaded insert on the back,i think it takes a 1/4 20 bolt]. I then attached the piece that i bent, to the rail that i made to go across the back of the rack{you have to drill another hole there}& attached the other end to the back of the SVT 3 PRO. I think i used a 1/4 20 x 1/2" long bolt. I also placed a rubber washer between the bracket & the amplifier to protect the finish on the amp. Very Solid. Maybe i could get a pic for you sometime.