Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT350 classic + 2-15"cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by amaranthmike, Nov 27, 2004.

1. amaranthmike

amaranthmike

Nov 1, 2004
    right now i have an ampeg svt350 classic and a tubeworks 1x15 cab. i had a 4x10 cab that i used with the 15" but that recently got stolen. i didnt think i got enought lows from that setup, when i would turn it up to here myself over the guitars and drums it would pop. i play in a metal band and we are LOUD. i found a hartke 115xl series cab today in the recycler for $100 bucks, that i'm thinking about buying to have a 2x15 cab setup. i was wondering if any of you have experience with this setup. an likes or dislikes?

2. It won't be as loud as the setup with the 410 was. at least I don't think. seems like thats a big concern of yours.

3. softscrubmonkey

softscrubmonkey

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis
    i know this isnt really your question but i REALLY like the ampeg svt-410HLF cab, its loud and punchy like a 4x10 but its got the porting at the bottom to gkeep the huge bottom end. but thats just a suggestion

4. oyvind2305

oyvind2305

Dec 3, 2004
    Norway
    SVT350H + 2 ea of SVT15E`s...
    I used to play through 410 but changed. Ok, I`ll try to describe the difference as I experienced it.. Now, 15`s are slower to react than 10`s ,hence giving me a softer attack, more lo-fi, vintage tone.. Which is good for my style and taste. Sounds better with fender bass.
    If I was to play slap, aggressive picking metal or similar I think i would stay with the 410. As for loudness go for an extra 410 or swap for a 810..Hartke has a decent 810 if you cant afford the Ampeg classic wall of sound.

Øyvind. :ninja: