1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVT350 classic + 2-15"cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by amaranthmike, Nov 27, 2004.

1. amaranthmike

amaranthmike

Nov 1, 2004
    right now i have an ampeg svt350 classic and a tubeworks 1x15 cab. i had a 4x10 cab that i used with the 15" but that recently got stolen. i didnt think i got enought lows from that setup, when i would turn it up to here myself over the guitars and drums it would pop. i play in a metal band and we are LOUD. i found a hartke 115xl series cab today in the recycler for $100 bucks, that i'm thinking about buying to have a 2x15 cab setup. i was wondering if any of you have experience with this setup. an likes or dislikes?

2. It won't be as loud as the setup with the 410 was. at least I don't think. seems like thats a big concern of yours.

3. softscrubmonkey

softscrubmonkey

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis
    i know this isnt really your question but i REALLY like the ampeg svt-410HLF cab, its loud and punchy like a 4x10 but its got the porting at the bottom to gkeep the huge bottom end. but thats just a suggestion

4. oyvind2305

oyvind2305

Dec 3, 2004
    Norway
    SVT350H + 2 ea of SVT15E`s...
    I used to play through 410 but changed. Ok, I`ll try to describe the difference as I experienced it.. Now, 15`s are slower to react than 10`s ,hence giving me a softer attack, more lo-fi, vintage tone.. Which is good for my style and taste. Sounds better with fender bass.
    If I was to play slap, aggressive picking metal or similar I think i would stay with the 410. As for loudness go for an extra 410 or swap for a 810..Hartke has a decent 810 if you cant afford the Ampeg classic wall of sound.

Øyvind. :ninja: