1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT350 H Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassSurfer, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Why are these amps critizied often?

People say its not a real geniue SVT, ( no tubes i know )

but is there any good input on this head? i was looking at a few for good prices and need some more information..

my other option was a 800RB but the ampeg tone is sick lol

2. thrashermatt

thrashermatt

Jan 26, 2006
    western mass
    not ALL ampeg tones are sick. i had the 350h and the tone did make me sick... to my stomach. I'm a huge ampeg fan (own a 70's v4, a bse410hlf and an 810e) but that head isn't the best deal. Although if your playing at very moderate volumes and aren't completely anal about your sound you might like it. I just think its overpriced and its overrated in terms of wattage.

3. maybe the 800RB would be a better choice

4. Johnny5

Johnny5

Mar 5, 2006
    Calgary, Canada
    got one, not the biggest bang for buck that's for sure.
    want mine? hehe.

5. lol^i dont care about money really i found a good deal on one just need more input

6. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    Play one and decide if you like it. I run mine through 2x10's and a 15" ampeg classic cabs and it works fine.Anything ever built will be critizied by somebody here by so go with what sounds good to you.

7. They are basically a B2R in SVT 'clothes' if U like the tone of the B2R- I did- tho I hadda have all tube so I traded it- the I's day go for it or a B2R or B2RE nice tone - not a heap of Volume in 'em tho! Up 2 U they seem reliable as any Ampeg product I've had has been great in this regard