Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg Svt350h

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dermie, Aug 26, 2005.

1. dermie

dermie

Sep 4, 2004
    How does this head shape up? Is it purely an svt for posers or does it sound pretty good considering it's fully solid state? Looking for a somewhat affordable rig (bout €1500) and this is a forerunner at the mo any views/ comments would be appreciated - thanks a lot

p.s the 450h is aorund the same price so any views on either f these would be great :)

2. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Done to death. Run a search.

It's a B-2R rack unit stuck in a SVT-style case. That's all.

Both the B-2R and the SVT-350H are discontinued.

The amp in either configuration has a wide reputation - deserved or not - for being extremely anemic for a putative 350W.

The new 450W versions are apparently a tacit answer to that gripe.

Used, the SVT-350H goes for under US$300. I got one new for US$289. I've never used it.

3. dermie

dermie

Sep 4, 2004
    ok apologies - my bad. thanks for the reply though

4. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Go here for the most recent thread on the amp, or blow it off and just re-read my reply to you and save some time. :smug:

5. dermie

dermie

Sep 4, 2004
    cool cool yeah feedback doesn't seem to be that good - ran a search (see i learn ;)) and read reviews seem to be hearing good stuff about the mesa walkabout head so any details or views on that from anyone as well would be great - forgive all my random questions but i'm lost in a sea of amps :)

6. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    If you want good gear pick up some old Sunn heads or Traynor. Them some good tube amps (and solid state!)

Modern heads I would look towards Traynor YBA200/Kustom Groovebass for best bang for the buck. Not sure if they are available in the UK though. Ashdown is in the UK though and they have great amps.

7. dermie

dermie

Sep 4, 2004
    thanks for the advice - yeah the bass amp selection is pretty poor in ireland so i'll probably end up ordering from thomann.de or ebay - but i'll probabl;y be able to get my hands on a few ashdowns to play. thanks