Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT410 DL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassomatic, Jan 7, 2003.

1. I just stumbled on an Ampeg SVT 410 DL at a shop in Nor Cal. I think they were only made for a few years in the early 90's. I tried it with an SWR, (I think it was 400 watts), on 10, and it sounded pretty big. So I bought it to use with my 70's SVT and a 410 HE.

Does anyone out there have any experience with them? They're rated for 600 watts and 8 ohms.

Thanks for any replies.

Bassomatic

2. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    what is an Ampeg SVT 410 DL? Is it like the 410HLF?

3. BassGreaser,

It's more like an HE, it's not ported like the HLF. It's 4 10s, the horn, and a frequency attenuator on the back. The diff is that at the time the HE was (I think) rated at 200 watts RMS, and listed for $675, (doubt that's what guitar center type places sold it for) while the DL is rated 600 watts and listed at $1000.

I heard they didn't sell too many cause it was nearly as expensive as an 810, so it was discontinued. At some point the HE was bumped up to 400 watts.

Most references I've found for it are on Euro web sites so maybe it sold better over there.

I paid $299, it looks like it was in WWII but apparently was on the winning side.

Bassomatic