ampeg svt410 HE?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thephilosopher, Dec 22, 2004.

1. thephilosopher

Dec 22, 2004
    I'm curious about these cabinets - what can you tell me? I've used them in-store and they seem to have plenty of juice, but the harmonycentral reviews seem to think otherwise.

2. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    great sounding cab but imo they need to have a 15 or 18 under them to pump out the lows. If you are planning on going with just a single 410, you might want to check out the ampeg 410hlf
  3. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    A good buddy of mine has one and powers it with a svp4pro, 300 watts at 8 ohms*

He plays a 6 string through it and says it has preatty good lows.
    He is also in a band with 2 other guitarist with marshall stacks and a loud drummer. He is however getting another 410HE in a few weeks so he can run his amp in bridged mono mode i think.

I was actually looking into getting one of these awhile back. Did some research and found out a few websites list its' specs wrong. It's 500watts rms 1000watts program in case you wondered.

They are closed back so it's going to be tight and punchy.

If ya look around you can find em new for 550$
  4. thephilosopher

Dec 22, 2004
    that's cool, i'm looking for a tight, punchy sound. I dont like overpowering lows (if it's actually needed, the PA is there for a reason)
  5. eberrong

Dec 21, 2004
    Definately try before you buy! I compared the SVT-410HE with the SVT-410HLF and ended up buying the HLF. As others have said, the HE doesn't go very low and it is an 8 ohm cab. 2 strikes against it for me. The HLF is 4 ohms. I wanted 4 ohms, because I wanted 1 cab to run my SVT3-PRO at full power. This is also something you should consider.

The downside is that the HLF is bigger and heavier. Lifting it solo really sucks!
  6. thephilosopher

Dec 22, 2004
    got the HLF sitting right next to me :)

I need to wait for my Mk. VI to come in the mail, now, before I can use it.
  7. Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    Ditto. I currently use an ampeg SVT-410HE and a SVT-15E and I'm loving it. I tried doing band practice with the 410 alone and I was having some problems getting enough volume without pushing my amp too hard
  8. I love my 410he. I also have the 15e. I wanted an 8ohm cab as I knew I was going to add the 15! Tight and punchy is the word. If you are only looking for 1 cab, then consider the 410hlf, it is a better standalone cab than the 410he

Best bet is to try both out and see (hear), which one you prefer based on your amp and bass.