1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ampeg SVT410HLF bass cab and smaller bass combo (Chicago, IL)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by crazyfish, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    First, I'm selling my Ampeg SVT410HLF bass cab. I bought it off eBay a few months ago and it sounds and works great. Cosmetically, there are a couple small tears in the tolex, and wood making up the grill frame (not attatched to the cab) is cracked and broken, though you would never know if you didn't look hard at it, and it doesn't affect the sound of the cab at all. It looked like it sat in a room (maybe gigged a few times) when I first got it, and it hasn't left my room since.

4 10" speakers, adjustable tweeter
    2 speakon jacks, two 1/4" jacks
    4 ohm impedance
    500W RMS power handling, 1000W program
    Weighs 110lbs. Has handles, casters, and a tilt back bar to easily wheel it around.

So why am I selling this great bass cab? Well, it weighs 110 lbs. I can't lift this thing on my own, let alone attempt to fit it into the car I would be using to drive to gigs. I'm moving to a smaller two cab setup. As such, this is LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. I live in the Midway area of Chicago (within a few blocks of the Midway train station), and I will gladly help you carry it out to your vehicle. Looking for $400 for this, they run $700 new at Guitar Center or any of the online music stores.

Second, I'm selling my Carvin PB100-15 combo amp. I got this about a year after I started playing bass, so probably in 2000 or 2001. I'm its only owner. It hasn't been gigged much, and other than that, it's been babied. Puts out 100W into a 15" speaker, though if you have an 8 ohm cab laying around you can use that instead of the 15" speaker. Weighs about 40 lbs, so it's quite easy for one person to move. Here are some stats:

100W power into a 15" (8 ohm) speaker
    Master volume
    3 pre-shape buttons
    3 band active eq: Bass, adjustable frequency mid, treble
    Compressor
    Noise gate
    Effects loop
    Headphone output

It's a great little combo and has never given me any flak, but with the modular cab setup I'm moving to, I won't need this anymore. Looking for $175, though I might ship this for the right offer. I'm pretty sure that you won't find another bass amp with this kind of power and features for $175.

I am glad to allow you to play through either item before you buy. Just bring your bass.

Here are some photos (click for extreme high res):
    The cab (note that the head is NOT for sale):
    svt-sm.

The combo:
    carvin-sm.

The only trades I will accept are for smaller, 8-ohm bass cabs, like a 2x10 or 2x12 (probably from Avatar). Cabs that people with a small frame like me could move on their own, so I'd estimate the max weight at around 60 lbs.

I accept cash, check, money order, or paypal (if you cover fees). Thanks for looking at my items, and I hope someone buys them.

2. Interested in combo, would you ship to Canada?

3. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Possibly, of course you'd have to pay the shipping costs. If you like, hit up ups.com or fedex.com and get a quote from them. The package would weigh around 45-50 lbs (factoring in the packing) and I'd be shipping it from 60629, Chicago, IL. I've never shipped something this big to Canada before, so I'm not sure what it will cost.

I'd also have to find a box. I'm not sure I have one handy. I'll have to check on that, and find an appropriate packing material.

4. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Bump.

5. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Bump.

6. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Bump.

7. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Bump. Prices are negotiable.

8. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    One more bump for the world!

9. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Christmas night bump.

10. hcbassist

hcbassist

Nov 23, 2006
    Knoxville
    How much would shipping on the combo be to Tennessee?

11. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    PM on the way

12. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I've been tottering back and forth between offering you an Ampeg SVT48HE cab, and not... It's a 4x8 with a big bottom end that is more withing your size and weight area... Tell me if you would be interested in that. I also live in downstate IL, so we COULD meet up and try them both out somewhere. Let me know.

13. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Probably be in the range of $30-$40 but I'd also still have to find a box and packaging and such in order to ship the thing, unless I just took it out to a UPS store or something.

14. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    What are the weight and other specs on the cab? Sounds like something I might be able to work with depending on the impedance, weight, and dimensions.

Another thing is that I probably will not be able to take the Ampeg cab out of my house in order to meet somewhere. As I said, it's large enough that I can't move it on my own.

15. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    SVT48-HE
    200W RMS, 400W Program, 8ohm,
    Freq response (-3dB) 60 to 20K Hz,
    Usable low freq (-10 dB) 50Hz,
    Sensitivity 103dB,
    Max SPL 127dB,
    Crossover freq 4K Hz

Dimensions 24 by 20.5 by 16 inches

It's a tad over 60 LBS, IIRC. PM me your info on where you live and I can see if I could swing coming up there.

16. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    New Years Eve bump.

17. Afrokid

Afrokid

Nov 24, 2006
    i would have bought this from u long time ago if i lived near u....u sure u dont want to consider shpping it?

18. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Considering how long it's been on the market without selling, I'm starting to consider shipping it as a possibility, but I'm not going to lie, it will take some advance planning, and it will probably be very expensive (around $100) to do so. If you were willing to pay the shipping costs, I would consider doing it if a UPS store or something like that can package it up appropriately.

19. slipdisc

slipdisc

Nov 19, 2006
    Indianapolis IN
    Is the SVT410HLF still available?

20. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Yes it is. I prefer to sell it for locally but I'm now at the point where I will consider shipping in the US if no one local buys it, but if I do wind up shipping it, I would need a few extra days to get people to help me ship it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.