Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMPEG SVT410HLF CABINET RE-WIRE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KingOfTheRoad, Jun 23, 2005.

1. KingOfTheRoad

KingOfTheRoad Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Hangtown, CA
    I'd like to re-wire my Ampeg cabinet (SVT410HLF) to be 8 Ohms, it comes as 4 Ohms.

I want to run another 8 Ohm cabinet in parallel with it so that the total impedance is 4 Ohms.

Unfortunately my amp (Ampeg B2R) is rated at 4 Ohms min so I cant parallel the existing cabinets.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, RoadKing

2. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    That cabinet has 4 - 4ohm speakers.

No can do 4 ohms.................. Can do 16 ohms, 4 ohms, or 2 ohms.

Sorry..

3. I think that would be 16, 4 or 1 Ohm..... :D

4. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Yup, simple division in my head must have been a problem yesterday...... Wait...there are several divisions in my head, and they don't seem to be talking to one another.......

One ohm isn't very useful, unless you have one of the McIntosh amps from the Dead's old system......

5. I know what you mean! :D

Or a Crown MA-10000.......

6. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Unbelievable! You have the *exact* same rig as me, and I am suffering from the same dilemma as I write this. So, do you get a different head, or a different cab. What *I* am going to do, is, either buy a Hartke Transporter 1X15 8-ohm cab, and either a Hartke Transporter 2X10 or 4X10 cab, and use these instead of the 410-HLF *or* this guy (on eBay) also has a Hartke 7000 head as well. If I bought the head, I could use it with 1 or 2 8-ohm 1X15 cabs and still use the 410-HLF. If you are interested - this guy has at least 2 of everything I'm getting -so you could get the same deal. It's not that much off of the *new* price - but it is in mint condition. His 4X10 cabs come with covers as well.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll give you his info.

Skel