1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT410hlf vs Aguilar GS410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by randysmojo, Dec 24, 2011.

1. randysmojo

randysmojo

Jan 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I know I've heard some good sounds out of the ampeg SVT410hlf, but there are a couple of aguilar GS410's for sale locally and Aguilar's description sounds like it might be similar to the Ampeg. Has anyone played both of these? The Aguilar is heavier, but I'm not too worried about the weight as long as it's under 100lbs.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I do not believe they are similar at all, except that they both have 4 10's.

3. randysmojo

randysmojo

Jan 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've heard them both associated with scooped miss and strong low end. Have you played through them both? I haven't had a chance to try the afuilar at all yet.

4. randysmojo

randysmojo

Jan 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    No insights on the differences and/or similarities in these two cabinets tonewise?

5. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    I had a GS410 (4 ohm)for a while. Great sounding cab. I really liked it, but my needs changed and had to get a couple of 8 ohm cabs.

The only Ampeg I've owned and been able to compare it to was an 8x10. The biggest difference to me was the GS being front ported, and being able to feel more air thumping on you. It seemed louder than the 8x10.

I would think either would be good, but I would suggest giving the GS cabs a shot if you have some nearby.

6. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    I dunno. I like the Ampeg more than the Aguilar. But they are both great cabs. The Ampeg has greater depth, and still matches the Aguilar in mid defination.

7. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    not similar, but I would take the Aguilar any day of the week. If you like the sound of Ampeg, get the Ampeg. If you like the sound of your bass and amp, get the Aguilar.