Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT410HLF wiring question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CJXXX, Nov 30, 2004.

1. CJXXX

CJXXX

Nov 30, 2004
    I got 4 new speakers for my ampeg 4x10 cab, and like a complete idiot, didn't pay attention to the wiring when i disconnected the old speakers.

the cabinet has a horn, so the red and black wires coming from the input go to the horn. there are blue and white wires that go to the speakers. the speakers are wired series-parallel, so which of the blue and white wires is positive and which is negative?

also, i appear to have an extra wire that i'm not sure where it goes. if someone could help me figure out how to wire my cab, that would be excellent. thanks.

2. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I have the exact same kind of cab, I'm going to go rummage in my room for the manual.

You might want to check the Ampeg website, they probably have both technical support and wiring diagrams.

3. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    The wiring color code is pretty simple.

Red goes to "+" and black to "-"

White goes to "+" and blue goes to "-".

Red/black goes to the highest frequency, White/blue goes to the lowest. If there is a midrange, there will be yellow and green wires also. Yellow goes to "+" and green goes to "-".

In your case, there are just two, the low (10s) and the high (tweeter). So wire the white to the "+" of the 10s, blue to the "-", red to the "+" of the tweeter, and black to the "-" of the tweeter.

Your extra wire may be one linking the two "middle" points of the seriesed speakers.