Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT410hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hondo8671, Feb 28, 2006.

1. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    got me this puppy today! $649.00 sounds great for a stand alone .nice lows and punchy highs. its a little heavy but he casters and handle work great!! i went for the SVT over the
    BSE model !! for the price diff. why not .plus i checked all the reviews on the web and talkbass!! im happy this cab sounds great!!!:eek:

Cirrus 4 Redwood
    Kustom groove 1200hd
    Ampeg SVT410hlf

2. Vorak

Vorak

Dec 6, 2005
    Madison, WI
    I'm planning on buying that same cab shortly and I can't wait. Congrats on the purchase!

3. I have one too! It seems to be a favorite around here.

4. I missed the chance to get one almost new for $500.00...:(:(:(... I remember it sounded pretty good!!!

5. thrashermatt

thrashermatt

Jan 26, 2006
    western mass
    i have the BSE410hlf... woulda been nice to get the SVT but my wallet couldn't handle it at the time... I like the bse a whole lot though...

6. Fantastic cab just a bit too heavy on the backbone for a wimp like me. Im yet to find a box to compare it to though. Still searching for a lighter set up but with the greatness of the svt 410hlf.

7. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Excellent cab. It is heavy, but it's deep.

Not trying to 'rub it in', but my buddy bought a brand new one that was missing the speaker cover for $299 from GC.
    Excellent deal.

8. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    And you talk about built like a tank. If you are ever playing a gig with stairs, you'll need help getting it up the stairs, but I think you could just drop it down the stairs. I'm kidding, of course - but these things are indestructible.

Skel

9. I'm also selling one for cheap. :ninja: :bag:

10. jwaugh

jwaugh

Feb 26, 2006
    West Virginia
    Just got mine 2 days ago ... love it .. have found though that if you play *loudly* for more then an hour or two .. and stand anywhere in the 'kill zone' of this thing .. you feel like your guts have been hammered by Muhammad Ali. As I said .. love it :). Bought for $585 new.

11. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I've owned one for a little over a year now, I love it! I always unload my gear out of my basement door at home, and luckily with the bar on the back I can carry it up/down the stairs there myself, then roll it to the van and load it in the back. My only complaint is how deep the cab is (talking actual size). If it were say 15 or 16" deep, this cab would be the best ever, as I could fit it into the back seat of my Sentra rather than my mom's van, but hey, I don't mind hauling all the band gear in the van. Anyway, I'm sure you'll love this cab, especially when you get to crank it and really open her up.

12. StringsOf4

StringsOf4

Dec 16, 2005
    I have it too, with a gk backline 600 - SWEET combo!! But since my band split up, i don't get to use anymore:( I never really got a chance to see how good it can sound (only used it thrice).

13. Whoopysnorp

Whoopysnorp

Feb 5, 2006
    I've got one of those too! I actually didn't think it was that heavy; I'm pretty sure my Peavey 410TX is heavier. It is a tone monster and really lets my SVT-II shine.

14. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    I had a peavey 410tx in the past also it was a good sounding
    cab! but it was heavy and had no way to tilt it back and no nice handle to grab it with. the 410hlf has this nice option!:smug:

15. jdwinva

jdwinva Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    I have one as well and found out something interesting. If you have a Sansamp Bass Driver pedal and think it sounds good try it through the SVT 410 HLF cabinet with the horn turned off. It sounds 98% like a 1970's SVT stack !! Really.

16. Whoopysnorp

Whoopysnorp

Feb 5, 2006
    I put casters on my 410TX a while after I bought it, and that helped a lot with moving it. The only thing I don't like about the 410HLF is that I won't be able to set things on top of it and then roll it down the hallway of our rehearsal space like I could with my 410TX. However, the 410HLF sounds so much better that I don't mind.

17. I've owned mine for about 3 years now. It's an awsome cab but I need an amp that will really push it. I've been using an Ampeg B2R and it just lacks power, at least for use with this cab.

Anyway, congrats on the purchase, you won't regret it. :D

18. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado

That was my exact rig for the last year and a half. Pretty killer, and when you can also run direct into your PA with the B2R - you're there. I'm experimenting with some new stuff now, and I A/B'd the new B2RE with an SVT-3 Pro. The 3-Pro blew the doors off the B2RE as far as having a much warmer sound, which you would expect with the all tube preamp. No wonder these are the best selling Ampegs. There are always about 5 for sale on eBay. A "like new" one goes for around $650.00, and ones that are still the newer style, but maybe some rack scratches go for about $550.00. I'm going to pick one of these up. I really think the SVT-3 Pro with the 410HLF is a perfect rig for a bar band, and outdoor gigs. And it looks impressive - it's always nice to walk up and plug into something that looks great.

Skel

19. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    Maybe it is just me but I really like the tone and sound that comes from the 410. I like it better then the 810. The 410 just seemed to be more bassy. Ya, I don't know. Nice grap though. Its got some good sound and you will build muscles draggin it around.