1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT450H vs BA115HP/BA210HP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Baron, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Baron

Baron

Jan 4, 2004
    Seattle
    Is the basic tonality of the SVT450H similar to the pre/amp sections of the BA series of combo's? After years of playing expensive, hifi brands, I found myself really liking the basic tone of the ampeg BA115HP and BA210HP. I just shake my head, but if it works it works right?

I've walked into Guitar Center on several occasions to try basses including one that I own only to realize it was the amp I was liking. The BA's are not big enough for my purposes, so I was thinking a SVT450H with a SVT 48HE and SVT 115E that I already have would be like a BA115/BA210 on steroids. Am I on the right track? Also, is there a appreciable difference with the US made vs Vietnam made Ampegs?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think you're on the right track. I know the SVT450H is the same as a B2R, or something, and would assume all Ampeg's solid state amps to be similar, if not identical. I think your plan would work.