Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMPEG SVT5 PRO BASS AMP HEAD and Flight Case

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by wilder, Apr 21, 2004.

1. wilder

wilder Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Denton, TX.
    Hello, all. I absolutley hate to be the type to make my first post at this forum in the classifieds, but I don't sell much bass gear. I've been playing the same rig since 1998. A friend who owes me money has given me this Ampeg head instead and I can't afford to keep it. I'd love to as it's amazing, but I have been getting by fine with my old Carvin.

The amp is in excellent condition and includes a new Grundorf flight case/rack. I will sell it for $1000 plus shipping to TalkBass.com members. I realize that I have no cred here, so feel free to look me up on the Bay as "techiepeople", or the G&L board as "wilder". My cell is 214-995-5531.

Thanks,

Chris Wilder

[​IMG]

2. wilder

wilder Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Denton, TX.
    D/FW Area residents can pick this up from me for $950 if interested.

Thanks,

Chris

3. wilder

wilder Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Denton, TX.
    $950 shipped or $900 picked up.

Am I way off on the price of this? The guy who traded it to me showed me an E-bay auction where one brought $950, but if there is a reason I should be asking less please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

4. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    You can probably get more for it on eBay than here to be honest. I think the last one that sold here went for about $800. Prices are always higher on eBay.

5. wilder

wilder Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Denton, TX.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll probably list it there. If there is a way I can take $800 for it, I'll list it here again.

Chris

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Do you still have this? Are you able to go $800?

7. wilder

wilder Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Denton, TX.
    I ended up getting $980 for it, but I had to ship it to Italy!

Thanks,

Chris

8. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Bummer...I would have paid for that and took care of shipping...I ork for FedEx. Thanks for the reply though.

9. Congrats on the sale. I just picked up a brand new one for 800$ at Guitar Center in Denver. Said they are discontinuing them as they dont compete with the SVT4-Pro sales, but I love it! Especially for the price!

10. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    What are main differneces in the 4 and 5...Iplayed a 5 once briefly...had some sort of overdriv and an octupler somethin or other.