1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT5 Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Roddick!, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Roddick!

Roddick!

Jul 25, 2007
    I got my hands on this amp and when I also managed to get an ampeg 810 to go with it. I very happy with this set but I would like to know if any of you own the same amp or even the same set and also a bit more about the amp (,what do you think of it,how to get the best sound out of it (using both channels, I play punkrock)) Ampeg doesn't manufacture these badboys anymore, right?

2. bass.player

bass.player

May 30, 2006
    Belgium
    I owned one and I believe it was really very good. Unfortunately it broke down on me twice. I traded it for a 4 pro because the model was end-of-life so the defective one could not be replaced anymore.
    I always used the clean channel, the OD channel is pretty useless imo. But apart from that great sounding amp!

3. I have one of these, also with an 810, I love tone of this amp but seldom use the overdrive channel unless it's to blend with the clean channel. I would experiment with blending the two channels until you get the sound you want, of course this has to be done in a band situation. The only better sounding amp I've had was the SVT CL. I believe the 5 was discontinued some years ago by Ampeg.