1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT6-Pro Cooling Fan problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGen, Apr 5, 2011.

1. BassGen

BassGen

Mar 15, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I have an SVT6-Pro and lately the cooling fan has become a bit noisy. Sounds like the bearing is going bad.

Is there any general information on DIY repairs for this? I haven't taken the cover off yet but I suspect that it's a pretty easy swap if I can find the part.

Thought I'd ask here first if anyone has any experience with this.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    before you replace it, check and make sure all the nuts holding it on are snug. i don't know a lot about fan care, but i know sometimes nuts can work themselves loose and cause rattles.

3. AndrewHeadley

AndrewHeadley

Nov 29, 2010
    I know 6pros just have loud fans in general, mine sure does. Was your fan alot quieter in the past?

4. BassGen

BassGen

Mar 15, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm certain it was quieter than this when it was new. The noise is very much like a bearing going bad and I don't want it to quit while I'm playing, can't hear it and do damage because it overheats.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    well pooping out an old fan and replacing it with a new one is easy. just make sure you get one with the same specs because fans in ss gear are critical.

edit: pooping? oh well, i'll leave it because i like the word "pooping" ;)

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021