1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVT610HLF vs Warwick W611Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chrisgp, Apr 12, 2006.

1. chrisgp

chrisgp

Jul 13, 2005
    France
    Hello,
    these two cabs seems very similar... but the Warwick is really cheaper in Europe (550€ vs 1050€ for the Ampeg)

but what about the sound with my Ashdown ABM500 evoII head???
    I know the Ampeg but I never heard the Warwick...
    Thank you

2. I have the same question (to use with a GK1001rbII) I have tried the warwick and was impressed but am also considering the Ampeg 610 but not so sure about how loud it would go at 600w. Some have said the Ampeg is not a good match with the Gk so I am strongly thinking about getting the Warwick. Unfortunatly I don't have many other options in this price range, both these cabs seem to be fairly inexpensive options and would fit in my car (just).

3. I owned the 410HLF & I don't think you'd go wrong with the Warwick!!!

4. Yes, The Warwick sounded good at the volume I needed last Thursday. I am only using a 410 at the moment and it's almost loud enough but not quite, so I thought I'd get a 610 to replace it. The bass shop will have to get the Ampeg 610 in from another store so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

5. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    They are trying harder than Ampeg these days I feel, then there is the import costs all the way from ?. Anybody got the graphs? I cant immediately see what the SPL is supposed to be from viewing either site. I wish gear manufacturers would have the deference to imagine that some of their customers might just be engineers and not just kids.
    :bassist: