1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT810E vs Acoustic B810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DRafalske, Apr 21, 2010.

1. DRafalske

DRafalske

Nov 6, 2008
    Hebron, KY
    Need some help picking out an 810 cab.
    I play a PBass through a Nemesis NA650.
    I'm looking at the Ampeg SVT810E and Acoustic B10 and I was wondering if anyone has experience with both. I pretty much know I can't wrong with the Ampeg, but hey, price does matter and the Acoustic is significantly less expensive and gets decent reviews here and elsewhere.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i tried out the b810 at gc and thought it was pretty decent, but then i tried the 810e they had there and it completely blew away the acoustic in every single way. more volume, more tone, more general bigness. no way i'd get the acoustic over the ampeg.

3. arjune

arjune

Oct 8, 2006
    SF, CA
    Plus, you can get a used ampeg 810 off of craigslist in the 400 - 600 dollar range all the time.

4. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Yeah, I've A/B'd the two, and there's no comparison - the Ampeg blows the Acoustic away, IMO... Jimmy called it pretty accurately for me... I'd buy a well used SVT810e before I'd buy a new Acoustic 810, even if the used Ampeg was more expensive...

- georgestrings

5. DRafalske

DRafalske

Nov 6, 2008
    Hebron, KY
    Yeah, I hadn't searched the used market yet, but planned to.
    Thanks for the advise so far

D

6. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

+1.

And the Ampeg fridges are built like tanks.

7. I thought it was common knowledge that the current Acoustic line is an "entry level" product. Nothing bad or wrong with it, but it's not anywhere near being what an Ampeg is.