Ampeg SVT8Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by markorbit, Feb 2, 2006.

1. markorbit

Apr 16, 2004
    Anyone got any pics of this one? Is it similar in looks to the 6Pro (although I understand the actual preamp is closer to the SVPCL)?

Also has anybody had experience with the Ampeg tube texture emulation and can comment on it? How about a digital power section - good/bad?

From the specs this looks an interesting and potentially killer amp.
  2. TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I'm interested too. Does anyone know the price?
  3. ricplyrz

Dec 26, 2005
    Digital power section. Jurys out on this one. Tube emulater circuit. I owned Ampeg amps that had this. Gave it a "bite"...slightly reduced the "warmth". I never used it.
  4. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    No you didn't, its new........!
  5. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio

6. markorbit

Apr 16, 2004
    So Jerrold, this is a different tube texture to the one on the SVT1000 (I think that's the amp)? Is it a new version? How does it differ?

Where can I see a pic of the SVT8Pro? I do own the SVPCL but have a feeling I may like the extra eq and tube emulation. Thanks.
  7. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Someone did post pics, I forget which NAMM thread it was. Probably a search would find it. I saw that the website is (was?) still not showing it.

As far as how it differs, well, I'd suggest listening. I can tell you stuff, but your ears will give you what you need.

However, it is a "dial your power" type system. The SVT gets its "edge" naturally via power amp clipping, but with a lot more power available in the 8PRO, you probably don't want to try to get it through clipping the power amp........
  8. 8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    i posted camera phone pics here
  9. markorbit

Apr 16, 2004
  10. pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Madrid, Spain