Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMPEG SVTDI ??????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by username:, May 21, 2004.

1. username:

username:

Apr 7, 2002
    Ireland
    i'm looking for some info on the AMPEG SVTDI. what does it actually do? does it change the sound of the bass much? does it overdrive the signal? :eyebrow:

cheers

2. Hi! SVTDI Doesn't affect much your sound. It just gives you extremely nice tube sound - round and clear with the added low end feeling. You can also use tube bypass mode. SVTDI doesn't give you any overdrive. I use it in studio and on stage and it gives me almost invisible but still necessary touch to my sound. Just try to record through it. It's quite difficult to understand it's benefits using only the amp.
    I strongly suggest it as a DI-box.
    Take care!
    Margus

3. Its just to warm up your sound a bit more than most DI's do, not really meant to be like an effect or anything infront of your amp, more for going to PA to give you a nicer sound through that

4. yeah, it should just thicken and warm the sound a bit. Like Margus said, it's almost an invisible effect (as noticeable as a subtle compression), but definately worth having!

Great for recording and sending a fat signal to front of house!