Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg, swr or mesa?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by noosence, Aug 23, 2001.

1. ive decided to get an 8x10. the only thing is that i dont know what kind i should get. ive decided either ampeg, swr or mesa. which 1 has the most punch, bass and watts?

2. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    ampeg is sealed = more punch.... swr is ported and gets better bass response, it handles more power too. I don't know much about mesa except that it's REALLY expensive...
    i have the swr 810, because that's the one i think is the best... but as ALWAYS, you try and figure out what you like.

3. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    They are all substantially different cabs.

Remember, FORSFYD (see my sig.).

4. JerryH

JerryH

Dec 13, 1999
    Helsinki, Finland
    Well, it seems to me you would like to get a real rock rig - get SVT and 8x10 for it - both AMPEG of course!

I used my SWR Redhead w/Basic2Way till got my SVT rig from States and have been playin' SVT since. NO, I DO NOT REGRET TO PAY SOME BIG BUCKS FOR GET THAT AMP RUNNING AS IT SHOULD AND I AM HAPPY, VERY HAPPYYYYY.

What I got is a huge sound to beat two Marshall guitar stacks and one hell of a drummer plus I can always get my rig plugged to mixer with this special gadget from my technician - plug it to my speaker out and then plug it to mixer and .... I will not be missed anymore!