Ampeg to boost my sound...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MOR_Lio, Nov 11, 2005.

1. MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I bought a used Trace Elliot head(Ah100) and a used Trace Elliot cab(2tens+2tweeters).

But I don't really have the sound power I thought I would have. I also would like a warmer sound that would fit better with the kind of music I play.

So I'm thinking about getting an additional cab, but I don't really know what kind. I am really interested in buying an ampeg one, but I really don'y know what Ampeg cab would fit in this situation. I am thinking about buying a cab with a 15'' woofer.

I also wonder what model I could buy because of the impedance issue. On the back of my head is written "min. load 4 ohms", and my Trace Elliot cab is 4 ohms, so does that mean that my other cab would need to be 4 ohms too?
  2. 8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    if your outputs are wired in paralell, another 4 ohm cab will bring the total impedence to 2 ohms. you would need two 8 ohm cabs to = 4 ohms in paralell.
  3. MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    I don't really get it... So if I plug another 4ohm cab in the head, would it work or not? What would be the best thing to do according to you?
  4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Bud, that head is only 100 watts, barely enough to get you out of the bedroom, and nowhere near enough to compete with acoustic drums.

5. xring

Sep 16, 2003
    You will most likely fry you head if you add any cabinet at all. You head will only go down to 4 ohms safely and you're already there.
  6. MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    Damn, that sucks then... Thanks for being honest though. If I want more power I guess I'll juste have to get a better head then...