Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg tweeter noise

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ejn, Sep 15, 2003.

1. ejn

ejn

Sep 14, 2003
    I have the PR=410-HLF. The tweeter makes a scratchy crackling noise. I have the dial on the back of the cab turned all the way down. I am thinking about taking the cover off the back and unplugging the tweeter. Has anyone else had this problem? I really dont see the need for the tweeter anyhow, I am into the bottom end.

2. Grilli

Grilli

Nov 12, 2001
    I have had the same problem with mine since purchasing. At first I thought I blew it but I think its just one of those things with certain Ampeg products. My SVT 3 blew and they kindly fixed it for free. They are alright I guess

3. Mine has a very good tweeter in it, and isn't super clicky. Plus I can turn it on half, and off.

4. I never liked the sound of my tweeter on my SVT410HLN, but then the rear adjustment worked properly so that I could turn it off completely.

Easy fix to turn it off "for good" is to simply unscrew the back plate and remove the bulb that's acting as it's protection fuse.