1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ampeg tweeter noise

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ejn, Sep 15, 2003.

1. ejn

ejn

Sep 14, 2003
    I have the PR=410-HLF. The tweeter makes a scratchy crackling noise. I have the dial on the back of the cab turned all the way down. I am thinking about taking the cover off the back and unplugging the tweeter. Has anyone else had this problem? I really dont see the need for the tweeter anyhow, I am into the bottom end.

2. Grilli

Grilli

Nov 12, 2001
    I have had the same problem with mine since purchasing. At first I thought I blew it but I think its just one of those things with certain Ampeg products. My SVT 3 blew and they kindly fixed it for free. They are alright I guess

3. Mine has a very good tweeter in it, and isn't super clicky. Plus I can turn it on half, and off.

4. I never liked the sound of my tweeter on my SVT410HLN, but then the rear adjustment worked properly so that I could turn it off completely.

Easy fix to turn it off "for good" is to simply unscrew the back plate and remove the bulb that's acting as it's protection fuse.