Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg v-4bh rack tuner

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Harrod182, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Harrod182

Harrod182

May 2, 2004
    i was looking at buying an ampeg v-4bh and also wanted a rack tuner to sit on top but looking at the ampeg website the head does not have a tuner out or an effects loop does any 1 have this amp or know how i would go about using a rack tuner on this?

thanks for the help

2. MohawkHarry

MohawkHarry

May 21, 2000
    Chatham,IL
    Those heads where made for the old school crowd, short on features and meaner than a pitbull. tuner out - instrument in, see if the tuner has a bypass switch.

3. Harrod182

Harrod182

May 2, 2004
    im looking at a korg DTR1000 or maybe the DTR2000 i do not know much about these i have just read good reviews. as for the head i played it before but i was so shocked buy the lovely tone i kinda forgot to look what features it had :)

4. MohawkHarry

MohawkHarry

May 21, 2000
    Chatham,IL
    I use a cheap small tuner that has a true bypass, so I can turn the tuner off while its in my effects chain to my amps imput, I'm shure rack tuner probably will work in the same manner.
    E-mail Korg or go to their website and down load the manuel.

5. Harrod182

Harrod182

May 2, 2004
  6. You can come out of the Pre amp out on the back of the amp like on the SVTCL head.

It works fine for a send signal to a tuner etc.

Martin

7. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Get a Boss TU-2 floor box.

8. wildsponge

wildsponge

Oct 21, 2004
    Novato, CA
    If you are just putting that and a tuner with nothing else in a rack, save yourself and get a floor pedal tuner. That being said:

Boss TU-2 pretty much industry standard I didn't go with it though because it's accuracy is +/-3cents which is kind of a lot.

Korg DT-10 I bought this because it's accuracy is +/-1 cent. Only downside is that it's slightly bigger than the Boss TU-2. I love mine

If you are already set on a rack setup though, get a high quality rack tuner. The korg DTR-1000 is what I would get. The DTR-2000 is way overkill. Just plug into the tuner's instrument input and go to the amp from the amp out. A good quality tuner such as the Korg will have a mute button for silent tunning and will not affect your tone to a noticable point.

Hope that helps.